HackFest is an annual competition hosted by the Sunshine Coast Council that invites local thinkers and makers to share and develop their creative ideas and find solutions to everyday community problems.
This year, Horizon & HackFest have created a Digital Art Challenge to encourage the intersection of creativity and technology in the local community. We invite emerging or established artists to take part by showcasing their creative digital art ideas, projects and/or solutions to specific challenges set by the Horizon Festival team.
There is a $500 cash bounty up for grabs and the potential to have your concept developed and presented as part of the Horizon Festival in 2018 or 2019.
We’re looking for digital art concepts that surprise & delight, including but not limited to...
- A fun way to use Augmented Reality as part of Horizon Festival or satellite event
- Digital art such as GIF-iti, that allow the user to present virtual exhibitions / ephemeral artworks
- Interactive digital / LED activations that allow an audience to become part of a performance.
- Projection / public lighting display - interactive or stand-alone
- Use of technology to increase participant interaction at Horizon events
- Creative use of Horizon event information / data to help people manage and explore the program.
Download the Horizon + HackFest guide for more information.
Register your interest via HackFest and get ready to ‘hack’ on the weekend of 24 – 26 November.
Find out more about Horizon Festival 2018.