How will Horizon assess my submission?
Submissions for each focus-area will be assessed against the following general criteria:
- Vision, ideas and conceptual rationale
- Clear articulation of creative process
- Level of experimentation or risk-taking
- Contribution to diverse cultural expression
- Contemporary in approach or practice
- Participant or audience experience
- Quality of previous work
- Realistic and achievable planning and resource use
- Skills and ability of artists/arts professionals involved, and relevance to activity
- Role of partners, including confirmation of involvement
- Adherence to relevant cultural protocols
- Accessibility of location or site
- How well the submission supports the focus-area brief
- Significance of location, site or venue
- Geographical spread for shortlisted submissions
- Strength of relevance to place
- How well the submission supports the Horizon Festival vision
What funding opportunities are available to support my submission?
Art in Place & Immersive submissions are eligible for up to $8,000 of financial support from Horizon. Workshops and Exhibitions must be independently funded. All applicants are encouraged to investigate funding opportunities and sponsorships to support the production and delivery of their artwork / event / activity. If you would like to find out more about funding opportunities please see the information below:
Will Horizon promote my event for me?
Your event will be promoted as part of the overall Horizon program, but you will also need to run some marketing activity to achieve the best results. The most successful events and works at Horizon Festival in 2016 and 2017 were those where Horizon and the artist collaborated to deliver a joint marketing campaign. We strongly encourage artists and Festival participants to leverage their own networks and strongly promote their individual Horizon activity / event / artwork.
Are there any other opportunities to take part in Horizon?
Other opportunities may come up as we work towards the 2018 Festival. Sign-up to our e-newsletter to find out about these opportunities as they arise.
I have an idea that doesn't seem to fit into a focus-area. What should I do?
Please email us with an overview of your proposed work / event and we will point you in the right direction [email protected]
Is this call for submissions open to local Sunshine Coast Artists only?
Horizon is focused on providing a platform for local artists, but we also encourage involvement from artists from outside of the region.
I'm planning something awesome but it can't happen during the Festival. Is it worth getting in touch?
Yes! We are keen to collaborate all year round and we'd love to hear from you. Please email us at [email protected]
My question is not listed here...
Please get in touch, we'd love to answer any other queries you might have [email protected]