Horizon is inviting submissions from local artists and organisations for workshops to be part of Horizon Festival 2018.
We are seeking high-quality workshops that offer unique arts experiences and/or development opportunities for participants and are locally relevant to the Sunshine Coast. Workshops that feature local artists and culminate in an exhibition, performance or other creative public outcome will be highly regarded.
Workshops must be independently produced and funded. While presented in partnership with Horizon, funding is not available to support the workshop through this submission process. Applicants are encouraged to make their workshops economically viable through a well-considered ticket pricing strategy. While artists may choose to seek further funding for their workshop, the delivery should not be reliant on additional funding. Successful applicants will be able to demonstrate a clear marketing approach and a willingness to work collaboratively with Horizon on ticket pricing and marketing.
There are opportunities for up to 10 workshops to be programmed in the Horizon Festival in 2018.
We strongly encourage submissions from people who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander.
Submissions will be assessed based on the following considerations:
- Viability of workshop
- Participatory or developmental opportunities for audience or participants
- Artistic merit and opportunity for creative public outcome
- The applicant’s ability to self-fund and promote their workshop
- The applicant’s experience delivering workshops of a similar nature
Applicants will be required to provide a summary of the proposed workshop, including:
- Artist / presenter statement
- Workshop details – title, outline, dates, times
- Proposed location and evidence of permission to occupy
- Marketing attributes and approach
- Projected budget
- Production and operational requirements
- Supporting material as relevant to your project including bios of artists, and letters of support from participants or communities.
Submissions Open: Mon 18 December 2017
Submissions Close: Mon 12 February 2018
Notifications: Wed 7 March 2018
Contract Executed: Early April 2018
Marketing Content to Horizon: Early May 2018
Horizon Festival Delivery: Fri 24 August – Sun 2 September 2018